- WCS accepts all insurances: Medicare/Medicaid, HMO, PPO, Tricare/Triwest.
- Continuity of care at any location for residents who have exhausted insuranceeligible days at SNF.
- Any urgent issue in the weekly visit of MD will be covered by designated PA.
- No cost to SNF for our bedside surgical wound care or feeding tube services.
- Reduced cost on dressing supplies.
- Available to communicate regarding patient issues 24/7.
- WCS MD/PA Surgical Group specializes in wound care and G-tube issues.
- Reduce liability issues.
- In-service education of your clinical staff.
- Paperwork and manpower requirements for transportation to outside wound care facilities are eliminated.
- The patient avoids repeated, lengthy and often costly transportation to a wound care clinic.
- Patient’s day is not disrupted, so they miss no meals, activities, or therapy sessions.
- Thorough computerized documentation within 24hrs of the visit.
- Cost to nursing homes for wound care will decrease as the wounds heal in a shorter period of time.
- Vacancies can be reduced as wound care that previously required hospital transfer can take place in-house.
- Patients who were once turned away due to their wound status can be admitted and treated, adding to patient census.
- This surgical service can be advertised when marketing to patient’s families and transferring facilities.
- Communication between the doctor and nursing staff is direct and personal, rather than by note or proxy.